As we start thinking about getting our respective bands together to work on songs and arrangements, a few thoughts come to mind:
- I hope all of my band members like my song selections, because I’m sure as hell not going to play theirs!
- Hopefully my band members will accept criticism with dignity and grace, because I plan on dishing a lot of it out!
- From my initial reading of our collective musical capabilities, I’m thinking 1.21 Gigawatts is likely to be a cross between Led Zeppelin and The Beatles, with perhaps just a touch more talent.
- If my bandmates aren’t up to keeping up the rigorous practice schedules I’ve designed for them, I’m likely to buy a tuba, a kazoo, a tambourine, and a bass drum and just do the whole damn performace by myself!
- Lastly, if I was a member of any of the other bands competing in the Battle of the Bands, I’d quit my music lessons right now and concede, because 1.21 Gigawatts is going to rock their world!