ShoreTel is very excited to be participating in the ITEXPO and the co-located Cloud4SMB event at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas this week. Attendees can find us in booth #702 at Cloud4SMB and will have several opportunities to hear form Dennis Schmidt, our VP of Networks and Engineering for the Cloud Division.
About the Events
ITEXPO brings together the entire communications and technology community for a week of business-building and researching today’s most powerful communications solutions. Enterprise, government and SMB end users, resellers, service providers, manufacturers, developers, media and analysts gather to examine solutions in conference sessions, demo products and services live on the expo floor, and forge beneficial relationships.
Meanwhile, the co-located Cloud4SMB Expo is the first event of its kind focused on the unique needs and challenges of small and medium businesses (SMBs) seeking to leverage the benefits of cloud computing solutions. This conference is dedicated to real-world business strategies and implications for growing businesses utilizing the cloud. Until now, the Cloud Phenomenon has focused almost exclusively on opportunities for the large enterprise. Sessions at Cloud4SMB Expo are designed specifically to provide attendees with the knowledge and information SMBs need to compete and succeed.
Dennis Schmidt, Vice President of Networks and Systems Engineering for ShoreTel’s Cloud Division, has over 19 years’ experience working with and building teams to design and deliver complex, next generation networks and solutions with start-up wireless, CLEC, and DLEC communications providers and Fortune 50 Corporations. He started his career during law school when he began technical sourcing and contract negotiations for post Divestiture “start-up” CAP companies and CLECs. Mr. Schmidt has grown through a series of highly diverse roles which have placed him in technical management positions for telecom, network, and IT organizations including but not limited to delivery, engineering, governance, provisioning, sourcing, risk management, Global Business Development and worldwide build and delivery. Prior to joining ShoreTel, Dennis spent 3 years at Hewlett Packard where he was responsible for driving world wide datacenter deployments, client engineering, operations, tooling, and management for the Unified Communications portfolio.
Wednesday – 10:00 AM : Turning the Demand for Truly Unified Communications into Revenue
- This session will detail how network operators and service providers can rapidly and effectively deliver a dynamic and consistent user experience across devices, delivering on the full promise of the mobile enterprise and owning the customer experience, thus opening up new revenue opportunities and reducing churn.
Wednesday – 1:15 PM: Why the Future of Business Communications is in the Cloud
- This session will discuss the New World of Work, how it will evolve even further, and how cloud-based solutions are ideally suited for supporting this new environment.
Wednesday – 2:00 PM: Battle in the Clouds (Keynote)
- TMC’s Editorial Director Erik Linask will lead a panel of cloud computing leaders to find out what it will dominate the cloud landscape and what the next major shift will be, and who will emerge victorious in this battle.
Tuesday – 11:00 AM: Cloud-based Phone Service for SMB Growth
- To be competitive, business leaders will need to increase employee productivity, provide better customer service and reduce IT costs. They can move the needle on all three of these objectives by moving their phone systems to the cloud. This session is intended to cut through the jargon and acronyms, with a clear focus on helping SMBs understand why the time is now for cloudbased phone services.
Thursday – 12:00 PM: UCaaS: Making UC Work for SMB
- This presentation will discuss the differences between different deployment and management alternatives, from full cloudbased UC to hybrid solutions that combine the best of on premises with hosted features, to deliver a foundation for understanding how the cloud can deliver true business communications advantages.
We are sure this will be an insightful and informative event. Please stop by and see us in booth #702 at Cloud4SMB, or drop us a line if you’d like to set up a time and place to meet.