Signal Processing & Speech Technology in VoIP Communication
A Collection of Resources on VoIP & Speech in Tech
General Information on Speech Technology
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP): The Dynamics of Technology and Regulation: An abstract paper covering the dynamics of speech technology in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and its issues with current regulations governing traditional systems.
- How VoIP Works: HowStuffWorks provides a basic introduction on how Voice over Internet Protocol works.
- VoIP FAQs: The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
- The 1974 Origins of VoIP (PDF): An extensive document that provides information on the history of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.
- Lesson 2: Voice over IP (VoIP) Technologies (PDF): A lesson plan that covers the fundamentals of voice, telephony, and the technologies involved with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.
Signal Processing for Speech
- Speech Signal Processing and Voice Recognition for Voice-Over-IP (PDF): The Texas Tech University Department of Research and Commercialization describes the dynamics of speech signal processing for Voice over Internet Protocol technologies.
- “Riding the VoIP Wave”: An article that describes the background, characteristics and advantages of VoIP technology, including the dynamics of signal processing.
- Analysis of VoIP Signal Processing for Performance Enhancement (PDF): An abstract paper analyzing VoIP signal processing to enhance performance.
- Signal Processing Technologies in Voice over IP Applications (PDF): An abstract paper that describes some of the signal processing technologies involved in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications.
- VoIP: An In-Depth Analysis (PDF): An in-depth analysis of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies, the intricate signal processing involved in these applications.
Speech Coding and Compression
- Digital Speech Coding (PDF): A slide show describing the main points of digital speech coding in VoIP technologies.
- Chapter 4: Compression Techniques: A webpage covering the compression techniques involved in VoIP technologies.
- Speech Coding Challenges in VoIP Applications (PDF): An abstract paper addressing the challenges of speech coding in VoIP application, and potential solutions to resolve them.
- Speex: Speech Compression for Everyone (PDF): A document introduces an audio compression codec used in VoIP applications.
- Speech Coding and Compression (PDF): An introduction to digital speech coding and compression, especially used in Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies.
Natural Language Processing
- Natural Language Processing for the Working Programmer: A webpage that introduces natural language processing for the working programmer.
- Natural Language Processing (PDF): An extensive introduction to natural language processing based on a set of theories and technologies.
- Language Identification of Encrypted VoIP Traffic (PDF): An abstract paper that addresses challenges with language identification over encrypted VoIP connections. It also addresses how natural language processing could help in resolving these problems.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP): An Introduction: An abstract article providing an overview of natural language processing and system design, especially in regards to VoIP applications and related networks.
- PC World: Speech Recognition Through the Decades: How We Ended Up With Siri: An article that traces the evolution of speech recognition and how it has developed sophisticated voice recognition applications, such as Siri and other applications used in modern VoIP devices.
- Where Speech Recognition Is Going: MIT Technology Review explains the trending voice-controlled interfaces found on mobile phones, TVs, and automobiles. It also addresses future developments and forecasts the emerging future of VoIP networks in a technological society.
- Voice Recognition: An educational webpage providing basic information on voice recognition and its applications.
- Recognizing Voice Over IP and Speech Recognition (PDF): An abstract paper that describes how speech recognition works with Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) applications.
- Tactical Voice Interaction Services for Dismounted Soldiers (PDF): An extensive document that explains how speech recognition can help dismounted soldiers who use VoIP networks.
- Feature Extraction of Voice Recognition (PDF): An abstract paper that examines the feature extraction of voice recognition over VoIP networks.