Small Business Phone Systems
Powerful, but easy to use hosted phone service for SMB
Every business uses telephones, but for small businesses, selecting an office phone system is even more important. It is the lifeline that connects small business owners with their employees, customers and vendors. A phone system for small business must be reliable and easy to use to keep you connected, no matter the circumstances. However, few companies have the in-house resources to manage and maintain a traditional business phone solution. That’s why more and more SMB’s are turning to cloud-based phones for small businesses.
Cloud VoIP for Small Business
The old fashioned PBX or traditional phone system requires business owners to purchase and maintain hardware, set up and configure the phone system and train and support employees. This may be fine for large enterprises, but a small business phone system must be easier, more flexible and free up employees to focus on customers.
Cloud phone solutions for small businesses (also called “hosted” or “virtual PBX” phone systems), offer the following advantages over a traditional or “premise” system:
- Pay for Only What You Need Now: Hosted VoIP for small business lets you get the service you need now with reliable monthly costs and lets you grow or change anytime. That is not the case with traditional phone systems, which cost a lot of money upfront and force you to guess how much capacity you’ll need over the next few years.
- A New Phone System Every Day: Premise based office phone systems are new when you install them, but become outdated quickly. Adding new features requires expensive hardware and software upgrades. Hosted phone systems, on the other hand are managed and upgraded by the vendor. New updates and features can easily and automatically be added to your small business phone solution without any additional hardware purchase or effort on your part.
- Small Business Phone System, Big Enterprise Features: Small business experts have discovered a way to get a sophisticated enterprise phone system without an enterprise-sized budget. Cloud solutions offer the same core set of features to every customer. By selecting a VoIP solution for small business, companies have access to all of the bells and whistles enjoyed by their larger competitors without spending a fortune on hardware or IT consultants. These features include; automated attendants, advanced voicemail, ring groups, online management tools and more.
Small Business Phone Solutions by ShoreTel Sky
Once you’ve decided on a cloud-based small business phone system, vendor selection becomes even more important. Here are some of the reasons that business owners from meatball shops to robotics firms have chosen ShoreTel Sky for their small business phone system needs:
- You focus on the phone call; we’ll focus on the phone system: ShoreTel Sky is a managed phone solution for small business. This means that we provide an easy and painless implementation experience, we train and support your employees and we maintain all of the hardware and software required. With us on your team, you take care of your business; we’ll take care of your office phones.
- One Vendor Simplicity – ShoreTel becomes your phone system provider and telecommunications carrier. This means, you have only one monthly, predictable invoice to manage and one place to go for any help you need.
- Phones That Fit the Way You Work – ShoreTel Sky helps small business owners and employees stay connected to the business without always being in the office. Users can make business calls from mobile phones (without giving out personal mobile numbers), use a computer based “softphone” instead of a traditional handset to work from home and set up automated call routing to dial home or cell phones. We also offer, at no charge, an easy to use application that lets you see which employees are on the phone and engage in chat sessions from anywhere.
- Professional Quality and Reliability – We are often asked, if VoIP small business phone systems sound cheap and result in dropped calls or have other problems that result in an unprofessional image. The answer is, sometimes. Because price is often a key consideration when evaluating small business office phones, it is easy to put cost above all else. Much of our business comes from people who have had terrible experiences with very low-cost providers that use the public internet for managing calls. Our solution is different, in that we offer private, secure connections to our state-of-the art network, ensuring quality, reliability and most of all, the right image for our business.
We’d love to chat about how our small business phone system might be a fit for you, or just tell you more about how cloud office phone systems are changing the landscape for companies of all sizes. Just let us know if you’d like to learn more.