Virtual PBX Solution for Multiple and Remote Locations
A Virtual PBX Streamlines Communication Between All Offices
Business telephone system selection is a key part of any business communication strategy. It is particularly important for companies that have more than one location. You don’t have separate websites for each location, because having a consistent experience with your company is the essence of building a brand. This is true for the phone experience as well.
Whether you have just two locations in the same city, several spread out across a specific region or even hundreds of offices across the country, seamless and unified communications can increase employee productivity, improve customer satisfaction, enable optimum resource allocation and impact the bottom line. Just because you are separated by distance, that doesn’t mean you can’t work as one company with one, unified phone experience.
At the same time, more and more companies have employees working from home or out in the field. Whether it is to improve employee satisfaction, offer flexibility or reduce your office overhead, you still need communication to be smooth and easy among co-workers and with your customers, regardless of where your employees are seated (or on the move).
The Challenge of Multiple Locations & Remote Workers
Having more than one location creates challenges for any business. We asked our clients what challenges they faced and they said:
- Each location has different office phone technology, which complicates maintenance, support and training
- Calls are handled differently depending on which office is dialed, causing confusion for customers
- Employees from one office can’t easily reach employees at another location and calls can’t be transferred between offices
- There are multiple phone systems and carrier vendors to manage and invoices to pay
- If one location is very busy and another is slow, we aren’t able to leverage the extra resources
- Remote workers feel disconnected if they can’t be reached easily or are not regularly communicating with the rest of the team
How Our Virtual PBX Can Help
With a ShoreTel Sky virtual PBX telephone system, clients can centralize functions, pool together skills, or organize teams differently. Having one phone system unifies the communications among all locations and employees.
- All staff becomes accessible with 4-digit interoffice calling and their availability/status is viewable on-screen. Calls can be conferenced or transferred instantly, regardless of geography
- Our customers deal with just one vendor instead of processing individual bills from many offices and branches. The savings resulting from eliminating this accounting function is often significant
- With cloud VoIP, clients can utilize resources across all locations, making it easy to provide assistance when one location experiences an unexpectedly high volume of calls or when key phone agents are not available
- In an emergency, calls can be routed to an unaffected location so that service is not interrupted
- For clients with locations in different parts of the country, service hours can be expanded by handling calls early in the day at the eastern most location and later calls in the west
- With our mobile VoIP smartphone app, employees can take advantage of your enterprise virtual PBX, even if they aren’t in an office at all
- We can help you integrate your phones with your business applications to get a clear view of activity and phone usage across all offices
- The online ShoreTel Sky Portal makes it easy to administer any location from wherever you are
See how powerful and easy your phone system can be:
If you’d like to learn more about how the ShoreTel Sky virtual PBX can help you with the challenges of managing multiple office locations, let us know. Meanwhile, here are some resources that you might find helpful:
- What is a VoIP PBX?
- Selecting a virtual PBX vendor
- Why clients choose managed cloud VoIP
- Enterprise UCaaS